Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Originally published on Tue July 3, 2012 6:53 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with another bye-bye at Barclays.
Barclays' CEO Bob Diamond handed in his resignation today effective immediately. It's the second major departure in as many days. Yesterday, it was the chairman of the big British bank who announced he'd be stepping down. The bank is dealing with a growing interest rate scandal. Barclays allegedly interbank lending rates to benefit its bottom line. Last week, the bank agreed to pay a fine of more than $450 million to British and U.S. authorities. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.