Most Active Stories
- Pittsburg, Texas, announces business plan competition to spur growth
- Benteler Steel/Tube ramps up hiring, hosts job fair
- El Dorado school district opens medical clinic at middle school
- Nutrition on Wheels truck to bring cooking demos to rural Cenla
- 'Smart' irrigation techniques slowly catch on in Louisiana
Originally published on Mon April 30, 2012 6:30 am
The International Labor Organization issued a report Monday warning that austerity measures imposed in many countries are hurting the job market, as well as failing to effectively reduce deficits. The major European economies received the brunt of the report's criticism. The report predicts a 3 percent rise in the global unemployment rate for 2012.