Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Louisiana's first 'nerd market' planned for Bossier City
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
Originally published on Fri March 9, 2012 9:51 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with more bad news for News Corp.
An FBI investigation of Rupert Murdoch's media company is now looking to Russia. A billboard company, News Outdoor Russia, owned until last year by News Corp, is being scrutinized over possibly bribing public officials. The FBI began looking into News Corps' operations after its British newspapers were embroiled in a bribery and phone hacking scandal.
This latest probe in Russia suggests the U.S.-based News Corp could be vulnerable to charges under America's Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.