Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Louisiana's first 'nerd market' planned for Bossier City
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
Originally published on Mon February 25, 2013 8:11 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with a new economic forecast.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
INSKEEP: The latest survey of economic forecasters by the National Association of Business Economics predicts 2 percent growth this year. That is down from last year's 2.2 percent. The current budget battle in Congress is partly blamed for slowing the economy now.
The survey goes on to say that next year could be better if budget issues are resolved by then. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.