Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Many, La., engineer partners with University of Texas El Paso on desalination technology
- Modest ridership projections in passenger rail study connecting Shreveport and Vicksburg
- LA Opera: Verdi's La Traviata
- Red River Radio Spotlight: Shreveport Little Theater Presents Chicago
In Brazil, Predictions Of Doom And Gloom Give Way To Minor Annoyances
Brazil's World Cup preparation endured some heavy criticism leading up to the games. Stadiums were still under construction, Internet connections were sketchy and transportation faced major challenges. A week into the tournament, NPR's Russell Lewis has traveled to three airports and three cities so far. He talks to Melissa Block about what has worked and what remains a challenge.