Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Birthday of the World
Birthday of the World Part 1: Rosh Hashanah
Airs Tuesday, September 3 at 2 p.m. Music and Liturgy for Rosh Hashanah, (The Jewish New Year) Sung by The Western Wind with Guest Cantors, Narrated by Leonard Nimoy. In this classic performance, Leonard Nimoy and The Western Wind Vocal Ensemble join forces to explore the rich and profound musical and spiritual traditions of the Jewish High Holy Days. The Birthday of the World presents some of the most inspiring music in the Jewish liturgical tradition, performed by the acclaimed vocal ensemble The Western Wind. Mr. Nimoy's timeless narration focuses on the universal themes of redemption and divine forgiveness. "Sung by The Western Wind Vocal Ensemble with outstanding cantors, this is an ideal High Holy Days service with a splendid narration by Leonard Nimoy, the performance is outstanding for the beauty of its artistry.