Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Bebel Gilberto On World Cafe
Originally published on Wed October 2, 2013 4:54 pm
Bebel Gilberto may be the daughter of Joao Gilberto, one of the first bossa nova composers, but that's hardly her only claim to fame. Her album Tanto Tempo, produced by the electronic artist Suba, was a best-seller in Brazil throughout the 2000s.
Here, World Cafe revisits a 2004 session with Bebel Gilberto, including two songs from her self-titled follow-up album to Tanto Tempo. It's a move away from the electronic elements she'd embraced for so many years; here, she discusses that transition, her famous father and the constant movement in her life.