Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Louisiana's first 'nerd market' planned for Bossier City
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
Arkansas benefits from USDA watershed funds
The U.S. Agriculture Department has allocated $4.3 million for nine watershed projects in Arkansas. The goal is to improve water quality in the Mississippi River basin. The USDA's Natural Resources Conservation Service Chief Dave White says the program will dramatically improve the quality of water flowing into the Gulf of Mexico.