Most Active Stories
- Project Belize is rich training ground for East Texas nursing students
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- TLC's popular genealogy show fills out actress's family history using LSU Shreveport archives
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
Animal Collective On World Cafe
Originally published on Mon October 15, 2012 11:35 am
The members of the inventive, experimental rock band Animal Collective first met in school in Baltimore County, Md. After collaborating throughout high school and college, they released their debut album as a group, Here Comes the Indian, in 2003. More studio albums followed, including the 2009 breakout Merriweather Post Pavilion.
Animal Collective just released Centipede Hz on Sept. 4. Here, the band performs two of its songs live — as well as the previously unreleased "Crimson" — and discusses the experience of writing the record.
This segment originally aired on September 7, 2012.