Most Active Stories
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Red River Radio Transmitter Upgrades
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- Rural Ark-La-Tex veterans may avoid trips to Shreveport VA for routine care
- Wanna Go To Fit City? List Ranks America's 50 Fittest Metro Areas
Cultural, Community, Information
America's Music Festivals: Tanglewood Music Festival
Airs Monday, August 13 at 11:00 a.m. Can there be any more beautiful place than the Berkshires in the summer? 210 acres of lawns and meadows echo with the dulcet sounds of classical music every summer in the Berkshire Hills of Massachusetts. Held on the beautiful grounds of the Tanglewood estate, the Tanglewood Music Festival is one of the country’s largest, oldest and best-known festival. Each year, the festival attracts over 350,000 visitors. Each season offers not only a vast quantity of music, but also a vast range of musical forms and styles, all of it presented with a regard for artistic excellence that makes the festival unique.
Tchaikovsky: Serenade for Strings: III, IV
Bernstein: Age of Anxiety
Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 4
Rachmaninov: Symphonic Dances