Most Active Stories
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Cultural, Community, Information
America's Music Festivals: Seattle Chamber Music Society
Airs Monday, February 13 at 11:00 a.m.
Hosted by Orli Shaham
Seattle has a wealth of outdoor activities – including whale watching in tranquil Puget Sound, hiking near snow-capped Mount Rainier and biking through this incredibly cyclist-friendly city. Fuelled by coffee, Seattle natives temper their naturally relaxed west-coast attitude toward life and take advantage of the great outdoors during sunbreaks from the rain. However, each July, Seattleites head indoors to the incredible acoustic space of Benaroya Hall’s Illsley Ball Nordstrom Recital Hall for the Seattle Chamber Music Society summer festival. The festival spans four weeks and celebrates its 31st year in 2011.
Dohnányi: Serenade for String Trio in C Major, Op. 10
Kodaly: Duo for Violin and Cello, Op. 7
Haydn: Trio for Violin, Cello and Piano in G Major, Hb XV/25 “Gypsy”
Beethoven: String Quartet No. 10 in E-flat Major, Op. 74 “Harp”
Mozart: Mozart Quartet for Piano and Strings in E-flat Major, K. 493
Arensky: Quartet for Violin, Viola and Two Celli in A minor, Op. 35