Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Cultural, Community, Information
America's Music Festivals: Rockport Chamber
Airs Monday, July 2 at 11:00 a.m. Classical music takes the plunge with the Rockport Music Festival each summer. The seaside village of Rockport, Massachusetts boasts one of the most beautiful settings for classical music ever, the Shalin Liu Performance Center. This recently built concert hall features enormous floor-to-ceiling windows looking out onto the Atlantic Ocean onstage, so one can see and hear all the beauty that Rockport has to offer. The festival features classical concerts, as well as jazz, world and pop performances throughout the summer series.
Beethoven: String Quartet Op 18, No 1
Stravinsky: Suite Italienne
Mendelssohn: String Symphony
Ravel: Gaspard de La Nuit
Shostakovich: Folk Dances