Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
Cultural, Community, Information
America's Music Festivals: Orcas Island Chamber Music Festival
Airs Monday, August 6 at 11:00 a.m. “Classical Music with a View” is the tagline for this festival in Western Washington. Indeed, The Orcas Island Chamber Music Festival has both incredible music from world-class artists and some of the best views of the rugged Washington coastline. Orcas Island is nestled among the San Juan Islands and is a popular vacation destination, with excellent hiking and whale watching. The festival boasts an impressive roster of artists, thanks to the talented Aloysia Friedmann (Artistic Director) and Jon Kimura Parker (Artistic Advisor).
Beethoven: Ghost Trio in D Major Op. 70, No. 1
Faure: Sonata for Violin and Piano in A Major, Op. 13
Schumann: Dichterliebe: excerpts
Strauss: Capriccio Sextet in F Major
Alan Shulman: Rendezvous for Clarinet and Strings
Arthur Benjamin, arr. Primrose: Jamaican Rhu