Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Cultural, Community, Information
America's Music Festivals: Norfolk Chamber
Airs Monday, June 18 at 11:00 a.m. The Norfolk Chamber Music Festival has a long history of bringing world-class music to the charming town of Norfolk, Connecticut. Ellen Battell, generous benefactor and wife of a man with family ties to Yale School of Music, left her estate to a private trust that ensures that it be used for Yale University’s summer music school. The festival has grown since its humble beginnings in the 1930s and now features 30 concerts in just nine weeks. True to its roots, the festival employs the best professional musicians and offers a chance for young musicians to learn and practice their craft.
Smetana: Piano Trio in g minor, Op 15
Reinecke Trio in A Minor for Oboe, Horn, and Piano, op. 188: II, III, and IV
Böhme Trumpet Sextet in E-flat Minor: I and II
Bartok Sonata for 2 Pianos and Percussion: III
Mendelssohn String Quintet in B-Flat Major, Op. 87
Ives: Piano Trio: Scherzo
Dvorak Serenade Op. 44