Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Cultural, Community, Information
America's Music Festivals: La Jolla Music
Airs Monday, April 30 at 11:00 a.m. Surrounded on three sides by beaches, La Jolla, California is incredibly picturesque. Waves crash against the shore, seals bask in the sun and residents enjoy some beautiful sunsets. As seaside town with a passion for the arts, La Jolla also boasts some of the best music in the country during the La Jolla Music Society Summerfest. The Los Angeles Times writes of the festival – “perhaps the first thing to be praised about SummerFest is the exceptionally high quality of performances.” With performances from over 70 ensembles and musicians, the festival brings first rate concerts to what is essentially a small seaside town.
Nielsen: Serenata in Vano
Bottesini: Grand Duo Concertante
Sergio & Clarice Assad: Suite from De Volta As Raizes
Prokofiev: Sonata for 2 Violins: IV
Vivaldi: Concerto for Two Cellos: I, III
Zwilich: Quintet for vln, vla, cello, bass, & piano: II
Williams: Quartet La Jolla: II, III
Dvorak: String Quintet No. 2 in G Major, Op. 77: II, III, IV
Enescu: Octet: III