Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Cultural, Community, Information
America's Music Festivals: Festival Mozaic
Airs Monday, June 11 at 11:00 a.m. Located in what has been called “the happiest city in America,” Festival Mozaic has been bringing high quality classical music to San Luis Obispo every summer since 1971. One of the longest running music festivals on the west coast, Festival Mozaic has kept every season fresh through its unique programming, which spans over five centuries of musical repertoire and includes everything from orchestral and chamber favorites to world music and jazz. Scott Yoo, the festival’s director, says the short 11 day festival is “a real opportunity to zero in on one side of music and really explore.”
Faure: Pelleas et Melisande
Zimmerli: Piano Quintet: I, II, III
Corigliano: Violin Concerto The Red Violin I, III, IV
Poulenc: Sextet II and III
Rimsky Korsakov: Scheherazade II, III, and IV