Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Cultural, Community, Information
America's Music Festivals: Chamber Music Northwest
Airs Monday, May 21 at 11:00 p.m. Despite the nickname “Stumptown,” Portland is known for being one of the greenest cities in the nation. Portland offers a pro-biking attitude, excellent fair-trade coffee, lots of organic produce and many opportunities to explore the outdoors through hiking or even kiteboarding. It should come as no surprise that the love of the outdoors combines with a local long-lived passion for classical music every summer for the Chamber Music Northwest Summer Music Festival. Pre-concert picnicking creates a festive atmosphere for concerts which take place on the lush campus of Reed College and other locations throughout the city. In 2011, the festival celebrates its 41st year of incredible musicmaking with exciting new programming, including performances by Anne-Marie McDermott and the Emerson String Quartet.
Shostakovich: Piano Quintet: III, IV, V
Stravinsky: Fairy’s Kiss
Dvorak: Piano Quintet, op. 81: II, III, IV
Traditional: Chinese Melodies for Erhu and Harp
Milhaud: Suite for Violin, Clarinet, and Piano
Bolcom: Easy Winners and Frog Legs Rags
Mahler: Der Abschied