Most Active Stories
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Cultural, Community, Information
America's Music Festivals: The Brevard Music Festival
Airs Monday, February 6 at 11:00 a.m.
Hosted by Orli Shaham
Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, the Brevard Music Festival delights audiences with the natural beauty of the Appalachians enhanced by the dulcet tones of classical music. The festival has a long history, starting as early as 1946 when the Brevard Music Center’s founder decided to create a “well-balanced program of outdoor recreation and instruction in music and art.” What began as a small summer music camp has blossomed into fantastic summer music series which brings classical music’s players to North Carolina in the months of June through August. The Brevard Music Festival
Turina: Danzas Fantásticas, Op. 22 (JoAnn Falletta, conductor)
Copland: Appalachian Spring (Keith Lockhart, conductor)
Liszt: Les Preludes (Matthias Bamert, conductor)
Bartók: Piano Concerto No. 3 in E Major, (Peter Serkin, piano; Grant Llewellyn, conductor)
Mahler: Symphony No. 3: VI (Finale) (Keith Lockhart, conductor)