Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
America Abroad: Global Water Scarcity - Combating Drought
Airs Sunday, August 3 at 6 p.m. Millions of farmers in California, Africa, and South Asia are all facing severe water issues. In times of drought or overuse of rainwater, many of them are racing to sink new wells to reach the last clean source of water: groundwater. In this edition of America Abroad, we hear how unmanaged groundwater drilling in California and India is threatening to deplete huge underground aquifers. But in one area in Kenya, 70-thousand villagers have worked together to equitably distribute this precious resource.