Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
America Abroad: Global Water Scarcity - Combating Drought
Airs Sunday, August 3 at 6 p.m. Millions of farmers in California, Africa, and South Asia are all facing severe water issues. In times of drought or overuse of rainwater, many of them are racing to sink new wells to reach the last clean source of water: groundwater. In this edition of America Abroad, we hear how unmanaged groundwater drilling in California and India is threatening to deplete huge underground aquifers. But in one area in Kenya, 70-thousand villagers have worked together to equitably distribute this precious resource.