Most Active Stories
- Project Belize is rich training ground for East Texas nursing students
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- TLC's popular genealogy show fills out actress's family history using LSU Shreveport archives
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
America Abroad: Global Water Scarcity - Combating Drought
Airs Sunday, August 3 at 6 p.m. Millions of farmers in California, Africa, and South Asia are all facing severe water issues. In times of drought or overuse of rainwater, many of them are racing to sink new wells to reach the last clean source of water: groundwater. In this edition of America Abroad, we hear how unmanaged groundwater drilling in California and India is threatening to deplete huge underground aquifers. But in one area in Kenya, 70-thousand villagers have worked together to equitably distribute this precious resource.