Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Alpine Championship Attracts Finger Wrestlers
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Legend has it that in Bavaria, finger wrestling once settled disputes. Well, now it's about bragging rights. A German news site, The Local, reports that 150 men turned out for the Alpine Finger Wrestling Championship. Some were decked out in lederhosen, those Bavarian shorts and suspenders. Think tug-of-war, but in this case each competitor locks a finger through a leather loop, the goal: to drag your opponent across the table. And you thought thumb wars were violent. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.