Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Alpine Championship Attracts Finger Wrestlers
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Legend has it that in Bavaria, finger wrestling once settled disputes. Well, now it's about bragging rights. A German news site, The Local, reports that 150 men turned out for the Alpine Finger Wrestling Championship. Some were decked out in lederhosen, those Bavarian shorts and suspenders. Think tug-of-war, but in this case each competitor locks a finger through a leather loop, the goal: to drag your opponent across the table. And you thought thumb wars were violent. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.