Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Active Child On World Cafe
Under the name Active Child, Pat Grossi crafts gorgeous arrangements out of harps, synths and electronic drums, each of which complements his own ethereal voice. The elements of church music in his compositions stem from an authentic place: Grossi has been singing since his early days as a choirboy.
Active Child's 2010 Curtis Lane EP offered a glimpse into Grossi's talent as a solo artist, recorded fresh from his experience in the band Weight Room. Yet on his full-length debut, You Are All I See, Grossi expands his band to a trio, and fleshes out his style to include elements of R&B, '80s pop, electronica and classical music. The result sounds mature and sophisticated, without sacrificing a spirit of unpredictability. Here, Grossi joins host David Dye to share Active Child's new material on World Cafe.