Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Louisiana's first 'nerd market' planned for Bossier City
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
Accrediting body to discuss financially imperiled East Texas college
Trustees of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges will discuss the academic posture of Lon Morris College at its December meeting in Dallas. The Commission's chief of staff says it had planned a site visit this fall, but it was canceled by the college. The Jacksonville, Texas college filed for bankruptcy protection last summer, and it now seeks to liquidate much of its assets.