Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- Louisiana business lobby leader criticizes new state budget
- Savannah Music Festival: Paco de Lucía - Part One (encore)
- Northwestern State hosts 'mythical 51st state,' Boys and Girls State underway
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
Accrediting body to discuss financially imperiled East Texas college
Trustees of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges will discuss the academic posture of Lon Morris College at its December meeting in Dallas. The Commission's chief of staff says it had planned a site visit this fall, but it was canceled by the college. The Jacksonville, Texas college filed for bankruptcy protection last summer, and it now seeks to liquidate much of its assets.