Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Many, La., engineer partners with University of Texas El Paso on desalination technology
- Modest ridership projections in passenger rail study connecting Shreveport and Vicksburg
- LA Opera: Verdi's La Traviata
- Red River Radio Spotlight: Shreveport Little Theater Presents Chicago
Accrediting body to discuss financially imperiled East Texas college
Trustees of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges will discuss the academic posture of Lon Morris College at its December meeting in Dallas. The Commission's chief of staff says it had planned a site visit this fall, but it was canceled by the college. The Jacksonville, Texas college filed for bankruptcy protection last summer, and it now seeks to liquidate much of its assets.