Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Accrediting body to discuss financially imperiled East Texas college
Trustees of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges will discuss the academic posture of Lon Morris College at its December meeting in Dallas. The Commission's chief of staff says it had planned a site visit this fall, but it was canceled by the college. The Jacksonville, Texas college filed for bankruptcy protection last summer, and it now seeks to liquidate much of its assets.