Most Active Stories
- Project Belize is rich training ground for East Texas nursing students
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- TLC's popular genealogy show fills out actress's family history using LSU Shreveport archives
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
Books News & Features
6 Books On Shortlist To Win Oddest Title Prize
Originally published on Wed February 27, 2013 6:37 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Linda Wertheimer with contenders for oddest book title of the year.
Six books are shortlisted for the British Diagram Prize including histories, "How Tea Cozies Changed the World. Also, how-to books, "Goblinproofing One's Chicken Coop" and "How to Sharpen Pencils." The competition coordinator says you can't judge a book by its cover. But I think people do. The winner will be announced on March 22nd.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.