Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Elio Motors is in an 'engineering-centric' phase, says founder
- Caravan: Airheart Live in the Red River Radio studios
$205 million Bossier City casino set to open doors
Shreveport and Bossier City’s sixth casino is slated to open for business this week. The Margaritaville
Resort Casino’s soft open will build up to festivities on July 3.
At its opening, the Bossier City casino will employ 1,500 workers. Construction on the 18-story hotel began in Feb. 2012. According to its public relations officials, the final price tag is $205 million. The hotel boasts nearly 400 rooms and 35 luxury suites. It will have three restaurants.
Singer-songwriter and casino investor Jimmy Buffett is slated to perform at the casino’s 850-seat Paradise Theater on July 3. Buffett also owns two other Margaritaville-themed casinos in Las Vegas and Biloxi, Miss., but the one in Bossier City on the banks of the Red River will be the largest of the three.