Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Elio Motors is in an 'engineering-centric' phase, says founder
- Caravan: Airheart Live in the Red River Radio studios
10:01 Spotlight: Jazz Concert & Clinic
Bill Beckett talks with John Howe, President of the American Federation of Musicians Local 116 and Bill Causey, owner of Band House about their annual Jazz Concert and Clinic which takes place tonight at 7:30 p.m. at Parkway High School auditorium. The concert and clinic are free for any students who wish to attend and $5.00 for adults. The concert and clinic feature Mike Williams, a Shreveport native and lead trumpet player for the Count Basie Orchestra for over 20 years; Gary Meggs, former alto and tenor saxophone player with the Glenn Miller Orchestra and Director of Instrumental Music at the University of Arkansas and C. E. Askew, drummer with the renowned U.S. Air Force Airmen of Note Jazz Ensemble for 26 years. More info at 868-0522.