Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
10:01 Spotlight - A Forest Insect Alphabet
Dan Maxwell travels to the Museum of East Texas in Lufkin to speak with Executive Director J.P. McDonald, entomologist Dr. David Kulhavy and artists Charles Jones about the A Forest Insect Alphabet exhibit.
This exhibit features framed pages of the book, A Forest Insect Alphabet. This book was hand printed and hand bound at La Nana Creek Press, Nacogdoches, Texas. Charles Jones created the color woodcuts and black and white engravings. Entomologist, Dr. David Kulhavy provided the scientific descriptions and wrote the quatrains to the songs about forest insects.