Most Active Stories
- Project Belize is rich training ground for East Texas nursing students
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- TLC's popular genealogy show fills out actress's family history using LSU Shreveport archives
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
10:01 Spotlight - A Forest Insect Alphabet
Dan Maxwell travels to the Museum of East Texas in Lufkin to speak with Executive Director J.P. McDonald, entomologist Dr. David Kulhavy and artists Charles Jones about the A Forest Insect Alphabet exhibit.
This exhibit features framed pages of the book, A Forest Insect Alphabet. This book was hand printed and hand bound at La Nana Creek Press, Nacogdoches, Texas. Charles Jones created the color woodcuts and black and white engravings. Entomologist, Dr. David Kulhavy provided the scientific descriptions and wrote the quatrains to the songs about forest insects.