Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Shape of Shreveport documentary series probes city's past, celebrates its people
- Red River Radio Spotlight: American Boys Choir
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
10:01 Spotlight - A Forest Insect Alphabet
Dan Maxwell travels to the Museum of East Texas in Lufkin to speak with Executive Director J.P. McDonald, entomologist Dr. David Kulhavy and artists Charles Jones about the A Forest Insect Alphabet exhibit.
This exhibit features framed pages of the book, A Forest Insect Alphabet. This book was hand printed and hand bound at La Nana Creek Press, Nacogdoches, Texas. Charles Jones created the color woodcuts and black and white engravings. Entomologist, Dr. David Kulhavy provided the scientific descriptions and wrote the quatrains to the songs about forest insects.