Most Active Stories
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
10:01 Spotlight - A Forest Insect Alphabet
Dan Maxwell travels to the Museum of East Texas in Lufkin to speak with Executive Director J.P. McDonald, entomologist Dr. David Kulhavy and artists Charles Jones about the A Forest Insect Alphabet exhibit.
This exhibit features framed pages of the book, A Forest Insect Alphabet. This book was hand printed and hand bound at La Nana Creek Press, Nacogdoches, Texas. Charles Jones created the color woodcuts and black and white engravings. Entomologist, Dr. David Kulhavy provided the scientific descriptions and wrote the quatrains to the songs about forest insects.