Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Louisiana's first 'nerd market' planned for Bossier City
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
10:01 Spotlight - A Forest Insect Alphabet
Dan Maxwell travels to the Museum of East Texas in Lufkin to speak with Executive Director J.P. McDonald, entomologist Dr. David Kulhavy and artists Charles Jones about the A Forest Insect Alphabet exhibit.
This exhibit features framed pages of the book, A Forest Insect Alphabet. This book was hand printed and hand bound at La Nana Creek Press, Nacogdoches, Texas. Charles Jones created the color woodcuts and black and white engravings. Entomologist, Dr. David Kulhavy provided the scientific descriptions and wrote the quatrains to the songs about forest insects.