Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Elio Motors is in an 'engineering-centric' phase, says founder
- Caravan: Airheart Live in the Red River Radio studios
10:01 Spotlight: Christmas in the Park
Bill Beckett talks with Mark Massom, the interpretive ranger at Lake Bistineau State Park about thier Christmas in the Park festivities during the weekend of Dec. 7, for both day-use and overnight visitors. Events will kick off on Friday, when campers can decorate their campsites to welcome Santa to the area. Other activities will include hayrides and holiday outdoor cooking, sponsored by the Bayou Pots, the local chapter of the Louisiana Dutch Oven Society. The Bayou Pots will hold their monthly meeting on Saturday, Dec. 8, with Christmas Dinner cooked Dutch Oven-style. The Dutch Oven cooking class begins at 10 a.m., with attendees invited back at 12:30 for lunch. Visitors can also enjoy hayrides through the campground from 6 – 9 p.m. on Saturday. The hayride will also offer the visitors the opportunity to vote for their favorite decorated campsite. For more information about the park and events contact them at 318-745-3503 or on Facebook at Lake Bistineau.