Most Active Stories
- 'Wheresie' founders aim to stop children from being left behind in vehicles
- Heath Matters: Arthritis and Connective Tissue Disease
- Ebola 101: A one-hour special broadcast from Sci-Port
- Whole Foods Market makes it official in Shreveport
- Ebola 101: A Free Public Forum on Saturday, Oct. 18, 10 a.m., at Sci-Port
John Powers is the pop culture and critic-at-large on NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross. He previously served for six years as the film critic.
Powers covers film and politics for Vogue and Vogue.com. His work has appeared in numerous publications, including Harper's BAZAAR, The Nation, Gourmet, The Washington Post, The New York Times and L.A. Weekly, where he spent twelve years as a critic and columnist.
A former professor at Georgetown University, Powers is the author of Sore Winners, a study of American culture during President George W. Bush's administration.
He lives in Pasadena, California, with his wife, Sandi Tan.