Red River Radio News
TEXAS TEEN PREGNANCY - According to a new study released today, teenagers in foster care in Texas are FIVE times more likely to become pregnant than other teens in the state. Kate Murphy with the group Texans Care for Children , the group that conducted the study. Murphy says her research found state lawmakers have a lot of work to do to prevent pregnancy among teens in foster care. Murphy says caseworkers could also be better about telling foster teens – who are all on Medicaid – that they...
Airs Friday, April 20, 2018 at 12 noon. The week on our Regional Broadcasts the members of the Shreveport Symphony present a chamber concert featuring Poulenc's Trio for Oboe, Bassoon, and Piano; Rutter's Suite Antique for Flute, Harpsichord, and String Orchestra, and Antonín Dvořák's Serenade for Winds in minor, Op 44.
Airs Sunday, April 22, 2018, at 6 p.m. Every day millions of people turn to dating apps to find love. More than 49 million Americans have given digital dating a try, and the companies facilitating these matches are raking in billions. But are dating apps really designed to promote long-lasting romance? Some argue that dating apps ultimately create a culture that prioritizes sex over committed and lasting love. After all, why settle on one match when there may be someone better just a swipe...
Red River Radio announces our 2018 Annual Young Artists Competition, open to instrumentalists and vocalists ages 18 and under in Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas. Winners will be chosen from entries for participation in a radio broadcast to be recorded on June 9, 2018, in the Marion and Donald Weiss Performance Studio at Red River Radio. Each winner will receive a copy of their professionally recorded performance. Winners will be selected based on ability, musicality, and appropriateness of the...
The Vehicle Donation Program provides Vehicle Donation Services to Public Radio stations across the country. This is a great way to support this station and get a tax write off for your car. Contact the Vehicle Donation program directly online or if you have any questions about the vehicle donation process, please don't hesitate to reach out to our vehicle experts at 855-277-2346 , or you can call our direct line at 401-808-8277.
Marketplace All In One listen here
- 04/17/2018: We just aren't building enough homes in the U.S.
- 04/17/2018: Getting middle schoolers to give up their cellphones
- 04/17/2018: France's president urges defense of EU democracy
- 04/17/2018: The gig economy for accountants
- 04/16/2018: It's another episode of "Is There Anything Beyoncé Can't Do?"
This video takes you into the studio with Cliff and also through the world of birds that we cover on Bird Calls, which airs the second Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. Please join us and please call in with your questions at 800-552-8502
- Trump and Japan's Abe meet over North Korea and global trade
- France's Macron urges EU to shun nationalism
- Syria 'chemical attack': OPCW investigators to be allowed into Douma
- Sarah Sellers: The nurse who was runner-up in Boston marathon
- US tax cuts: Are they the biggest in American history?
- Singer Jessie J wins Chinese equivalent of X-Factor
- Baboons prop up barrels to escape Texas research centre
- Jérôme Hamon: Frenchman gets 'third face' in new transplant
- Sean Hannity unmasked as Trump lawyer's mystery client
- R Kelly faces fresh sexual misconduct allegation