Red River Radio News
LA. BUDGET REVISION- Louisiana’s state law required Gov. John Bel Edwards to submit a balanced budget to the Legislature which he did this past January. At the time the fiscal cliff/ budget shortfall was estimated to be around $1 billion dollars…due to temporary sales taxes expiring in July. Edwards’ proposal removed all of the state’s funding to the TOPS scholarship program - that’s 80 percent of the program’s total budget. But recent news indicates that next year’s revenue is expected to...
Airs Monday, April 16, 2018, at 1 p.m. This week on the Cleveland Orchestra, violinist David Oistrakh will serve as soloist and conductor in Weber's “Euryanthe” Overture; The Brahms' Violin Concerto and the Symphony No. 10 by Dmitri Shostakovich.
Airs Friday, April 20, 2018 at 12 noon. The week on our Regional Broadcasts the members of the Shreveport Symphony present a chamber concert featuring Poulenc's Trio for Oboe, Bassoon, and Piano; Rutter's Suite Antique for Flute, Harpsichord, and String Orchestra, and Antonín Dvořák's Serenade for Winds in minor, Op 44.
Airs Sunday, April 22, 2018, at 6 p.m. Every day millions of people turn to dating apps to find love. More than 49 million Americans have given digital dating a try, and the companies facilitating these matches are raking in billions. But are dating apps really designed to promote long-lasting romance? Some argue that dating apps ultimately create a culture that prioritizes sex over committed and lasting love. After all, why settle on one match when there may be someone better just a swipe...
Red River Radio announces our 2018 Annual Young Artists Competition, open to instrumentalists and vocalists ages 18 and under in Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas. Winners will be chosen from entries for participation in a radio broadcast to be recorded on June 9, 2018, in the Marion and Donald Weiss Performance Studio at Red River Radio. Each winner will receive a copy of their professionally recorded performance. Winners will be selected based on ability, musicality, and appropriateness of the...
The Vehicle Donation Program provides Vehicle Donation Services to Public Radio stations across the country. This is a great way to support this station and get a tax write off for your car. Contact the Vehicle Donation program directly online or if you have any questions about the vehicle donation process, please don't hesitate to reach out to our vehicle experts at 855-277-2346 , or you can call our direct line at 401-808-8277.
Marketplace All In One listen here
- 04/16/2018: Making the most of your credit card reward points
- 04/16/2018: Using public-private partnerships to pay for infrastructure
- 04/16/2018: The boss of the world's biggest ad firm has resigned. What's next for the industry?
- 04/16/2018: Will online merchants have to start collecting sales tax?
- 04/13/2018: Trump did a 180 yesterday ... and another today
This video takes you into the studio with Cliff and also through the world of birds that we cover on Bird Calls, which airs the second Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. Please join us and please call in with your questions at 800-552-8502
- Syria air strikes: Russia denies tampering with suspected chemical attack site
- James Comey: Six claims about Trump from ex-FBI director
- Russian reporter Borodin dead after mystery fall
- A solution to one of America’s biggest problems
- Coachella 2018: Brilliant Beyonce and other highlights
- South Carolina prison riot leaves seven inmates dead
- Conchita Wurst reveals HIV diagnosis
- Starbucks: Protesters call for boycott after black men arrested
- Facebook expels alt-right figurehead
- Stormy Daniels to attend Trump lawyer hearing over FBI search