Red River Radio News
MEDICAL MARIJUANA- Louisiana officials are still moving along with its development despite the recent dictate on federal marijuana prosecutions issued by U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions. Ashley Mullens is coordinator with the LSU-Agcenter which oversees the growing operations in the state. She explains what impact this might have on Louisiana’s medical marijuana program.
ASHLEY MULLENS: "We are aware of the memo that was rescinded by Jeff Sessions and to be honest, we're not sure...
Airs Thursday, January 11, 2018, at 11 a.m. Bill Beckett spoke with directors Robert Alford II and Angelique Feaster Evans, who joined us in our Noel Foundation Studios to discuss the hit gospel musical “CROWNS,” a play with music by Regina Taylor. The Mahogany Ensemble Theatre in partnership with the Shreveport Little Theatre are presenting this production, which opens up tonight at 7:30 at the Shreveport Little Theater, located at 812 Margaret Place in Shreveport. Show times are January 11,...
Airs Friday, January 9, 2018, at 12 noon. This week on the Regional Symphony Concert, the Shreveport Symphony Celebrates the music of John Williams in a concert from November 11, 2017. Michael Butterman conducting.
Airs Friday, January 12, 2018, at 9 p.m. This week on the Caravan we'll feature tracks from Drive By Truckers, Don Conoscenti, Dennis Dunn, Tom Russel, Neil Young, Jimi Hendrix, and Steve Earle in our first hour. This week's concert features part 1 of Geoff Achison and Randall Bramblett at the Fur Peace Ranch, and then week in our final hour, we'll dine with The Clown Prince featuring music by Nina Simone, Erin McKeown, Myshkin's Ruby Warbler, Patty Griffin, Maggie Koerner, Jon Anderson, and...
Airs Monday, January 15, 2018, at 1 p.m. This week on the Cleveland Orchestra pianist Maurizio Pollini joins maestro William Steinberg for a concert featuring the Brahms Symphony No. 3 in F, and the Brahms Piano concerto No. 1 in d.
Airs Friday, January 12, 2018, at 7:45 a.m. This week commentator Gary Borders shares about his desire to Finish a Major Project, a biography of Henry B. Fox, the Circleville Philosopher.
The Vehicle Donation Program provides Vehicle Donation Services to Public Radio stations across the country. This is a great way to support this station and get a tax write off for your car. Contact the Vehicle Donation program directly online or if you have any questions about the vehicle donation process, please don't hesitate to reach out to our vehicle experts at 855-277-2346 , or you can call our direct line at 401-808-8277.
Marketplace All In One listen here
- 01/12/2018: When being a renter becomes cheaper than being a homeowner
- 01/12/2018: Implementing a $1.5 trillion tax overhaul
- 01/12/2018: Should you worry about more bond-market volatility?
- 01/12/2018: Why we should all do the boring work of patching our computers
- 01/11/2018: Is the tax plan going according to plan?
This video takes you into the studio with Cliff and also through the world of birds that we cover on Bird Calls, which airs the second Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. Please join us and please call in with your questions at 800-552-8502
- Donald Trump's 'racist slur' provokes outrage
- Trump to approve Iran nuclear deal for last time
- A woman's choice - sexual favours or lose her home
- Did Obama sell UK embassy for 'peanuts'?
- Germany coalition talks: Merkel welcomes breakthrough
- Gold state coach journey 'horrible' says Queen
- Saudi Arabia allows women at football game for first time
- California mudslide victims include 3-year-old girl
- Facebook plans major changes to news feed
- India Supreme Court judges: Democracy is in danger